Read this blog post last night and decided to compile my own list of BETTER things to do while you’re single and don’t have kids instead of sitting in your window naked and eating an entire jar of Nutella by yourself. I’ll preface this by saying you can still do all of the things on this list when you’re married and have kids, they just won’t be as easy. Enjoy this time in your life, be selfish, and spoil yourself.
1) Get your own place, and decorate it however you like. Pink kitchen appliances? Sounds good to me!
2) Pin a bunch of expensive outfits on Pinterest, and actually buy them.
3) Stay up late, and sleep in the next day. Every day.
4) Buy yourself expensive make up and hair products.
5) Get a job you love. Not something that just pays the bills, but something you look forward to.
6) Find some hobbies you are passionate about, and make lots of time for them. Heck, you can even let them consume your life.
7) Keep your fridge and cupboards stocked with your favorite food and snacks…..and you don’t have to worry about anyone else eating them!
8) Take a vacation on a whim. Off of work for the next three days? Fly to Hawaii and have a piña colada on the beach.
9) Enjoy peace and quiet
10) Blast your favorite music whenever, and wherever you like.
11) Buy your dream car and paint it whatever color you like. Glad I got this pink Jeep phase out of my system before I had kids.
12) Set up a savings account and save some money.
13) Be debt free. This becomes harder after you get married, have kids, buy a house, etc.
14) Buy yourself designer clothes, shoes, and purses and don’t feel guilty about it.
15) Buy yourself a pet, treat it like a child, and throw birthday parties for it. Ain’t nobody got time for that after they have real kids.
16) And most of all, do whatever the fuck you want because you’re responsible for yourself, and that’s it